A significant portion of injury and wrongful death claims emanate from auto accidents. At Isaacs & Isaacs, our accident attorneys understand the trauma of traffic related incidents and how to compassionately walk clients through the process. We have a wealth of expertise and training to aid in unraveling the details of how an accident occurred and who, if anyone, is at fault.
Our firm is experienced in representing clients involved in a variety of accidents including alcohol related crashes, hit and runs and accidents resulting in both passenger and driver injuries. We have successfully handled a wide variety of motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents and truck accidents.
If you are involved in a car accident, you can take steps to achieve the most favorable outcome to an unfortunate situation. Even before you contact Isaacs and Isaacs, we encourage you to write down all information relating to the accident. This will be helpful in establishing a case.
Keep a written record of the location of the accident, factors leading up to the incident, witness contact information, and contact information of the other parties involved. It is also important to consult your physician and describe any pain you have. If you experience severe pain, immediately go to the emergency room.
When you contact Isaacs and Isaacs, our well-trained staff will evaluate your case and discuss options with you. We are committed to fairly assessing your situation and providing you with realistic possible outcomes. The information we provide will enable you to make a wise decision regarding your situation.
There are multiple ways cases may resolve. Our firm will pursue your case through mediation, arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) or jury trial. Isaacs & Isaccs attorneys work to achieve a resolution that will exceed your expectations.
Whatever practical or legal issues arise as the result of a car accident, our legal team is prepared to bring our professionalism and expertise to benefit your case.
Auto accidents are disruptive and unnerving at best, but, at worst they can leave you or your loved ones suffering with painful injuries. If you have been in a car accident, contact Isaacs and Isaacs for help. As your car accident attorney, we will sit down with you and go over the details pertaining to your accident. We will review the circumstances of your accident fairly and will help you determine if you are eligible for any financial compensation as a result of the accident. We understand how traumatic a car accident can be and want to help you get your life back to normal. We will provide you with realistic possible outcomes and help you weigh your options for moving forward.
According to the US Census Bureau, there have been between 10 and 11 million motor vehicle accidents each year since 2004. Unfortunately, a wide range of injuries occur from these accidents annually. Be proactive and knowledgeable about how to respond in the event that you or a loved one is involved in an auto accident.
The most common types of auto accident injuries are:
● Brain or Head Injuries – can be one of the most serious and devastating injuries. Nearly one half of all traumatic brain injuries occur as a result of car accidents. Symptoms can include memory loss, mood swings and headaches. Symptoms may be immediately diagnosed after the accident (especially when accompanied by loss of consciousness, seizures, etc) or diagnosed well after the accident. A car accident attorney can help you determine if you have a case after serious brain or head injuries.
● Back Injuries - lumbar spine injuries and spinal cord injuries are two of the most common back injuries. Treatment and recovery are very difficult with these injuries and often significant prolonged pain accompanies these injuries.
● Neck or Whiplash Injuries – in some accidents, the force of the impact may cause your head to quickly move back and forward, causing whiplash injuries. Whiplash is described as a range of injuries to the neck caused by or related to a sudden distortion of the neck, associated with extension. This most often occurs when a car is hit from the rear. More than one million whiplash injuries occur each year due to auto accidents. Symptoms can include neck pain and swelling, painful muscle spasms and difficulty moving the head side to side. Some people think that these injuries are not legitimate, but any car accident attorney will tell you that these injuries are very real.
● Broken Bones/Fractures – complete fractures, partial fractures, compound fractures and simple fractures are all common injuries. These require medical treatment and follow up.
● Psychological Impact – Car accident injuries are not limited to physical injuries. Serious accidents that involve very serious injuries or even loss of life leave emotional scars as well. It is also important to seek treatment to address the psychological impact after an accident.
Types of Car Accidents
There are many different types of road collisions that you may want to be familiar with:
Lane Departure Crashes occur when a driver leaves the lane that they are in and collide with another vehicle or roadside object. These include head on collisions and road runoff collisions. The likelihood of head on collisions is greatest on narrow roads, roads with sharp curves, and with no separation of lanes of opposing traffic. Injuries from these types of collisions can be very serious and often require medical attention. Some causes of lane departure crashes are texting while driving, other distractions and falling asleep while driving.
Single Vehicle Collisions occur when a vehicle has a collision but another vehicle is not involved. These collisions usually have the same causes as Lane Departure Crashes but no other car happened to be in the path of the vehicle leaving its lane. Even in a single vehicle collision, it may make sense to hire a car accident attorney to assist in defending your name.
Intersection Collisions are the most common type of auto accident. These crashes happen at intersections or road junctions and can be head on, side impact or rear end collisions. Side impact collisions can be particularly dangerous because the impact occurs at a place in the vehicle with very little protection for the passenger.
Collisions involving pedestrians, cyclists or animals can also be dangerous to the driver and the person/animal that is hit. Medical attention should be sought immediately in these cases.
Rollovers lead to a high rate of severe injury or death but are not very common. These are sometimes secondary as a result of a lane departure, single vehicle or intersection collision.
What to Do if You are Involved in an Automobile Accident
If you are involved in a car accident, there are some important and fairly easy things that you can do to gather appropriate information and ready yourself for any potential issues related to the accident. If the accident is severe enough, it is important to contact a car accident attorney immediately.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident until you are told (usually by a police officer) that it is OK to do so.
- Make contact with the police, let them know the location of the accident, and any injuries from the collision. If you suspect that someone involved in the accident has been drinking alcohol, let the police know immediately.
- Try to assist anyone at the scene that is injured, but be careful not to move anyone with severe injuries unless they are in danger in their current location.
- Do not discuss specifics about the accident with other drivers or insurance companies. Volunteer facts about the accident to police.
- Write down key information including names, addresses, phone numbers, make/model of vehicle, license plate numbers, insurance information, police officer name(s).
- If you can, write down pertinent facts about the accident such as location, direction of the cars, time of accident and anything unique (weather conditions, etc.)
- If possible, take a few pictures of the accident scene with your cell phone camera (or other camera). Focus on any damage to the vehicles, skid marks on the road, road signs nearby and anything else unique to the scene.
- Get medical condition for yourself and the passengers in your vehicle as soon as possible.
- Consider making contact with a car accident attorney to discuss the accident, to obtain resources and discussion possible options for litigation if appropriate.
The law firm of Isaacs and Isaacs is ready to help. Our legal team is standing by and will bring professionalism, compassion and expertise to your case. With a car accident attorney by your side, you can be assured that you will not be taken advantage of when it comes to protecting your rights. Call us today at 1-800-529-0000 with your story.