If you live in Kentucky, Ohio, or Indiana, you’ve likely seen our TV ad, featuring Darryl Isaacs, “The Hammer”. At Isaacs & Isaacs we understand the suffering and stress you and your family can experience when harmed by the carelessness and negligence of others, and we don’t think you should have to pay.
Those who harmed you should pay for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills. We will work hard to get you every penny you have coming. Our mesothelioma attorneys know what must be done and hve the necessary resources to get the best resolution for your case. Call us any time, day or night at 800-800-8888 to speak to one of our mesothelioma attorneys.
What Is Mesothelioma Cancer?
Malignant Mesothelioma is a rare cancer most commonly caused by asbestos exposure. The Mesothelium is a protective membrane that lines major body cavities and internal organs. When the cells that form the lining become cancerous, the cancer cells can grow and invade your vital organs and spread to other parts of the body.
Most often malignant mesothelioma can affect the:
- Chest lining;
- Heart lining;
- Abdominal lining.
It can lie dormant for as long as 50 years after asbestos exposure, and has never shown up less than 15 years after exposure. Signs of mesothelioma include:
- Chest pain
- Fluid around the lung
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal swelling
- Weight loss
Mesothelioma is hard to diagnose. Most often, when symptoms appear and do not go away, the doctor will review the patient’s medical history and also try to determine if he/she was exposed to asbestos at any time. If a doctor suspects mesothelioma, he or she may use imaging to view affected areas, then confirm the diagnosis with a tissue biopsy.
Prognosis is poor, but patients who receive early diagnosis can live longer with treatment. Mesothelioma survival rate has improved in recent years, with patients living 3 to 5 years after diagnosis, and in some cases a decade. Some factors which can affect your prognosis after you have been diagnosed include:
- What stage the cancer is in
- How healthy you are
- Treatment you receive (chemo; surgery; radiation)
- Lifestyle management/changes
Causes of Mesothelioma Linked to Asbestos Exposure
Exposure can be work related, but people who live close to natural asbestos sources and family members of workers are also at risk because there’s no safe level of exposure to asbestos. Products/materials that can contain asbestos include:
- acoustical products, spray, and tile;
- adhesives and cements;
- asbestos rope, braiding, and wick;
- asbestos tape or thread;
- asphalt products, including tile and sundries;
- automotive, truck, and marine products, including brake linings, pads and shoes, brake blocks, clutch materials, transmission components, gasket materials and shock absorbers;
- caulking coatings and compounds;
- ceiling panels, tiles, and related sundries;
- cement products, including cement or mortar, board, flooring, panels, pipe, flat, and corrugated sheet, siding, shingles and stucco;
- ceramic and paint fillers;
- cigarette filters;
- commercial or industrial machines and components, including brake linings, clutch facings, thermal insulation, transmission components, and gaskets;
- detackifying/demolding agents;
- drywall joint treatment products, including joint compound, joint cement, joint treatment, joint sealant, and caulking compounds;
- fireproofing products;
- gaskets, sheet packing, and molded products;
- gypsum products, including fire retardant gypsum board, lath, finishing, and taping compounds;
- hair dryers;
- insulating tape;
- mastics, coating, and sealing products;
- millboard, rollboard, and mineral wool board;
- oven mittens;
- paint products, roof coating, and floor coating;
- phenolic and plastic resins;
- plaster and plaster products;
- plumbing joint sealant;
- protective clothing, often worn by firefighters and race car drivers;
- racing helmets;
- refractory products, including clays; cements; shapes; blocks used to build, insulate, or seal structures subjected to high heat such as boilers, furnaces and kilns;
- resilient floor-covering products, including tile, sheet, backing and sundries;
- roofing products, including cements, coating, felts, deckings, flashings, paints and shingles;
- spackling compound;
- textured paints;
- thermal insulating blankets;
- thermal insulating cloth/textiles;
- thermal insulation products, including pipe insulation, pipe covering, pipe wrap, cement, block insulation, spray, and sundries.
The list of occupations where high level exposure can occur is extensive and includes:
- Aerospace and Missile Production Workers
- Aircraft manufacturing/mechanics
- Automobile manufacturing/mechanics
- Chemical Workers
- Lab Analysts and Technicians
- Mill workers
- Powerhouse Workers
- Railroad Employees
- Refinery Workers
- Sheet metal Workers
A Mesothelioma Law Firm Helps Victims and Their Families
Malignant Mesothelioma usually appears decades after exposure and is hard to diagnose. A diagnosis is devastating to victims and family members because the prognosis is poor. If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Malignant Mesothelioma, you will want to file a claim for damages as soon as possible. Mesothelioma claims help victims and their loved ones recover:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Future income loss
Because stress level has been linked to prognosis, it’s very important that you and your family should not suffer financial stressors along with the stress of undergoing treatment. Also, there’s a statute of limitations for filing your lawsuit which starts to run the moment you are diagnosed.
Finding an Experienced Mesothelioma Law Firm Is Crucial
Mesothelioma law can be complicated. You need somebody with experience in Mesothelioma litigation, a high success rate and a strong commitment to helping each client to obtain the best possible outcome. When you have been diagnosed with this deadly form of cancer you and your family will have plenty of pain and stress without having to worry about your lawsuit; you should be able to entrust your case completely to the best mesothelioma lawyers around.
At Isaacs & Isaacs we succeed because we give our fullest attention to each case and our strong commitment to the needs of each client. Once you contact us an experienced Isaacs & Isaacs mesothelioma lawyer will
Listen to your concerns;
- Review your medical records;
- Gather/Investigate all the facts of your case;
- Determine who is liable.
We understand how devastating a diagnosis of mesothelioma cancer is. Our committed, compassionate legal professionals will not allow you and your loved ones to walk through this ordeal alone. We will answer your questions and address your concerns from the time you contact us until the successful resolution of your case.
You can call us any time of the day or night at 800-800-8888 for a free case evaluation by one of our mesothelioma attorneys. We are here for you 24/7.