Many women have had to undergo surgery or multiple surgeries from Essure injuries. Though the Essure insertion procedure may be noninvasive, the aftereffects for around one in four women have been extremely painful and invasive. If you have undergone a hysterectomy or other Essure removal surgery after suffering serious injuries, you need to speak to an attorney now. Isaacs & Isaacs injury lawyers will fight to get your just compensation for your pain and suffering. Call us anytime at 800-800-8888. We’re here for you 24/7.
Can Essure Be Removed or Reversed?
Women who undergo hysterectomies are in danger of pelvic organ prolapse, another serious and painful medical condition which requires surgery and causes major problems. Some doctors are using alternative procedures to remove the coils after women have suffered major problems. Some of the procedures are more successful than others. The problem is that the coils were designed to be permanent, and no plan for removal was included in the original design.
Some procedures currently being used to remove the Essure coils include:
- Salpingotomy is where a small incision is made into the fallopian tube, and the coil is pulled out. Coils have been known to fracture in this procedure, and more surgery is required to remove the pieces.[[i]]
- Salpingectomy is complete removal of the fallopian tubes.[[ii]] This surgery has been performed with some success on women who did not wish to become pregnant (Essure reversal) and wanted the coils out. The surgery can be performed in a minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure.[[iii]] Risks from this procedure include abdominal compartment syndrome, a condition where you could suffer abdominal pain, bowel dysfunction and renal failure. Further surgery is required to correct this condition.[[iv]]
- Tubal anastomosis is a procedure used for tubal ligation reversal and Essure reversal, if the patient wants to reverse sterilization and allow pregnancy. The process reconnects the fallopian tubes after the coils are removed. Pregnancy after having this procedure can be dangerous for both the mother and the baby.
- Complete hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and fallopian tubes. This is a drastic step and should be discussed with your doctor. This step might be appropriate if the Essure coils migrated into your uterus or broke up, and pieces migrated or caused other problems. If your surgeon wants to perform a laparoscopic hysterectomy using a surgical robot, robotic surgery could cause further complications and injury.
The above are some of the procedures being used. Because Essure problems can differ vastly, you must consult an experienced doctor before deciding which coil removal procedure is right for your symptoms. Surgery is risky and all methods of removing the coils can cause problems.You should be tested prior to removal to evaluate what the damage is and which removal method will likely provide relief. Your doctor can help you choose a method of removal that is the most likely to resolve your injuries from the coil without causing you further problems. For some women, one of the coils disappeared completely after insertion. The coils have been known to migrate and perforate other organs. If your Essure complications are caused by migration of one of the coils, removal may call for a different procedure.
Most women have reported relief from symptoms such as pain, nausea and infection once the coils are removed. However, sometimes the coils cause injuries and conditions such as Lupus that cannot be reversed. The removal itself can be dangerous and leave a woman with medical problems that require additional surgery.
Essure Class Action Lawsuit Lawyers – Isaacs & Isaacs
If you’ve suffered injury from Essure coil removal or had to have them removed due to other injuries, you need a law firm that will fight to recover just compensation for all your damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Permanent physical conditions
- Wrongful death
Isaacs & Isaacs personal injury attorneys have recovered millions for victims of dangerous medical devices. We will fight to get you every single penny of your just compensation so that you can go forward and rebuild your life.
We will bear the cost of investigating and litigating your claim against Bayer and all liable parties. You don’t have to pay us anything until and unless we win your case.
Every day is important in litigating these claims. Give us a call without delay at 800-800-8888 for a free consultation with an experienced and compassionate Isaacs & Isaacs Essure lawsuit attorney. We are here for you 24/7.