Car accidents are violent and scary. After the accident you may be in shock, and don’t know how bad you are hurt or what to do next. Also, you are probably worried about the occupants of the other vehicle(s).Most people have little experience with car crashes and do not know what the best action to take is.
Isaacs & Isaacs auto accident law firm has plenty of experience with car crashes. We have compiled a checklist of the best actions to take immediately after a car accident to:
- Stay as safe as possible
- Get emergency help for yourself and others at the scene of the crash
- Protect your car accident insurance claim
When you download our list and keep it handy in your glove box, you will be prepared for the worst and you won’t have to worry about what to do if you get into a car accident.
Isaacs & Isaacs Car Accident Checklist
- Stay at the scene. If your car is not in a safe place, move it to a safe place, as close to the accident scene as possible.
- Call 911 for help if you/somebody else is injured. If you are unable to call, tell somebody you are injured as soon as possible and ask them to call 911.
- Check others for injury if you are able. First passengers in your car, then the other vehicles involved. If you haven’t already, call 911 for help if anybody is hurt.
- Call the police if there’s property damage but nobody is injured.
- Get information from the other driver(s):
- Insurance info (insurance carrier; policy number; agent name & phone number);
- License plate number;
- Driver’s License Number.
- Get names and contact info from any witnesses.
- Take pictures (if you can, or have someone else do it). Photos should include:
- Vehicle damage
- Skid mark pictures
- Pictures of the accident scene, especially pictures showing the vehicles before being moved, if possible
- Speak to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
- Answer your questions,
- Give you a free case evaluation,
- Help you know what to do next
DO NOT ADMIT GUILT, APOLOGIZE, or
DISCUSS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCIDENT.
If somebody wants to bring this topic up, don’t say anything.
If you or somebody else is injured, or there is serious property damage, you should:
You can reach Isaacs & Isaacs car accident law firm now, at 800-800-8888. We will: