The Isaacs & Isaacs Scholarship Awards
The 2019 scholarship award writing competition has now ended. See our scholarship winners and check back for more student scholarship opportunities from Isaacs and Isaacs.
Three scholarships will be awarded:
- Kentucky Winner: $1,000
- Indiana Winner: $1,000
- Ohio Winner: $1,000
Scholarship Award Announcement by: August 31, 2019
Reason We Created Our Student Scholarship Program
At the personal injury law firm of Isaacs & Isaacs, we understand the challenges of paying for college. The benefits of focused studies can be greatly helped when the financial burden becomes lighter. Attorney Darryl Isaacs, known popularly as “The Hammer” understands the commitments required of students.
With over 25 years serving as one of the nation’s proven truck accident lawyers, The Hammer and his team are proud to help pave the financial path for dedicated students from those states our law offices call home. Our scholarship awards are available to Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio high school seniors with demonstrated plans to attend college, as well as currently enrolled undergraduate college students in those states.
Isaacs & Isaacs Scholarship Eligibility
- If you are a currently enrolled high school senior with verifiable plans to attend college or university in Kentucky, Indiana or Ohio, or are a currently enrolled undergraduate college or university student in those states, the Isaacs & Isaacs scholarship is available to you.
- Three winners will be selected by Isaacs & Isaacs to receive the scholarship awards based upon the essay submission. Winners must be residents of Kentucky, Indiana, or Ohio.
- In addition to the scholarship, each winner will have their essay and photo published on isaacsandisaacs.com.
- Employees of Isaacs & Isaacs and immediate family members are not eligible to enter the scholarship essay contest.
- Winners will be notified by email after the deadline. College or university enrollment will be verified before Isaacs & Isaacs submits a one-time payment to the school on behalf of the winner.
Submission Requirements – Essay, Photo, Short Bio
- Submit a SHORT BIO (under 300 words) describing yourself and why you are attending college
- Submit a clear PHOTO of yourself
- Submit Your ESSAY – Essay responses must be between 500 minimum and 1,500 words maximum. All Essay entries must answer the following question below as part of your essay.
Generation Z continues to prove itself as an extremely tech-savvy part of the US population. New technologies, especially in the realm of transportation, are emerging faster than ever. According to Business Insider, “Tech leaders and financiers alike are confident that self-driving trucks will become the norm as early as the next decade…” Companies like Tesla, Daimler, and Google’s Waymo are forging ahead toward that reality. When a self-driving semi-truck, bus or large commercial vehicle causes a collision with injuries, how should our legal system handle responsibility and blame, and who should be at fault or “liable” for these types of crashes?
Check Back for More Scholarship Opportunities from Isaacs and Isaacs
By submitting my scholarship application materials I agree to the following:
- The submitted essay is my own original work and I will be responsible with regard to any allegations to the contrary.
- Isaacs & Isaacs accepts no responsibility for the content of the submissions and the views expressed are solely those of the author.
- Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, Isaacs & Isaacs Scholarship winners agree that Isaacs & Isaacs may use his or her name, and/or likeness in any and all forms of media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting Isaacs & Isaacs and the Scholarship Program, without any limitation or further compensation or notice.
- Should Isaacs & Isaacs be prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Isaacs & Isaacs shall have the right to modify or terminate the Scholarship Program.
- By submitting my essay to the Isaacs & Isaacs scholarship contest, I am agreeing that any and all content submitted can be repurposed by Isaacs & Isaacs including, but not limited to web pages, blog posts or social media posts without attribution of authorship to myself. My essay will become the full property of Isaacs & Isaacs, who will hold the rights to my submission.
- I agree that I will not post this essay to any other website or internet source and should I choose to promote the receipt of my award, I will post the Isaacs & Isaacs scholarship winner page URL and give proper attribution to Isaacs & Isaacs.
Be sure to check out The Hammer’s podcast episode on steps after a truck accident for added inspiration!