AssociationsFeatured On

A Premises Liability Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights

If you or someone you know has fallen and is injured because your landlord won’t make property repairs, you can call Isaacs & Isaacs at 800-800-8888 for help right now or fill out our online form. Our personal Injury Lawyers are on call around-the-clock to help protect your rights. We have a 99-percent success rate in recovering maximum compensation for victims in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana.

If you delay acting, the time limit for filing your case or claim can expire. The clock starts ticking the moment an accident occurs, and delay can bar you from recovering any compensation for your injury. We are here for you now.

Landlord Liability in Slips, Trips and Falls in KY, OH & IN

Premises Liability Complaint

Property owners are obligated by law to keep their premises free of unreasonable dangers. You can complain and complain about an unsafe condition such as a stairway that needs repair or a leaky pipe, but sometimes the landlord won’t listen. Once you notify your landlord about an unsafe condition on the property, it’s up to him or her to have it repaired. If a property owner had due notice of the safety hazard and does nothing about it and then somebody gets injured because of the hazard, chances are the injured party can sue. If one of your children is injured, you could file a lawsuit on his or her behalf, acting as the guardian.

Premises Liability Cases

These cases are not easy to prove. It’s one thing to be injured because, for instance, a stair railing gave way, and you or somebody in your family fell. It’s another thing to prove that the landlord was negligent in not repairing the dangerous rail. You should have a record of when you told the landlord about the wobbly railing. It would be good to notify your lessor in writing, and keep a copy of the notice. After you notify him or her of the dangerous condition, the lessor should have a reasonable time to make a repair. Also, he or she should post a sign warning of the hazard until it can be fixed.

When Should I contact the Premises Liability Attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs?

As soon as you, your family member or a guest are injured by a dangerous condition on the property where you rent, you need to contact an experienced injury liability attorney. Even if you didn’t notify the property owner, depending on the situation the lessor could be liable anyway if he or she knew or should have known the dangerous condition existed and did nothing to repair it.

These cases are complicated and contacting an experienced lawyer is your best chance of recovering compensation for:

  • Medical Costs
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages

In most cases, the landlord carries liability insurance, but it may not be adequate to compensate you for all your damages and losses. Your attorney would know the best course of action to take. The sooner you contact a lawyer after the accident occurs, the more likely you are to receive fair and just compensation.

Isaacs & Isaacs personal injury lawyers are on call day and night to assist you in your legal emergency. Call us now at 800-800-8888, or fill out our online form for a free consultation with one of our premises liability lawyers. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.