Available 24 hours a day,
7 days a week.
Call: 800-800-8888 Now
Let Them Know℠ …it’s… Time To Pay Up℠
Begin Your Case With a Proven Car Accident Law Firm
The insurance company does not want to give you all the money you are entitled to by law — they want to settle your case for the least amount of money possible. There are many car accident law firms out there. You will need a car accident lawyer to navigate your case and demand maximum compensation for all your losses. The car accident attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers have recovered over $1 billion in damages for our clients in KY, IN, and OH. Car accident statistics confirm that collisions happen day and night. That’s why we have set up our firm to receive your calls around the clock. Call us at 800-800-8888 to speak to one of our dedicated car accident lawyers.
Be sure to learn about possible case values with our car accident settlement calculator.
We represent injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases we handle include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
Sometimes an auto accident injury is not evident until much later. You should seek medical attention immediately, even if you don’t think you are hurt. This is the best way to physically and legally protect yourself and your loved ones.
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
Review The Essentials On Our Car Accident Checklist
Prepared by our team of car accident lawyers, our car accident checklist can live in your glovebox and be printed and passed along to your loved ones so that they are always prepared for the unexpected. Click the image below to access the checklist.
Get Justice and Compensation With a Trusted Car Accident Lawyer
Good lawyers for car accidents have experience, skill, and passion. We are determined to defend the rights and interests of every client. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our car accident lawyers are relentless in demanding justice for each and every client we represent.
Our auto accident law firm will get started on your case immediately by:
- Listening to your story;
- Answering your questions;
- Advising you what to do next;
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim;
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents;
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury;
- Meeting with insurance adjusters;
- Helping you file your claim;
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your damages.
Lawyers for Car Insurance Claims – What You Need to Know
An experienced car accident attorney knows that insurance companies often rush to contact victims of car crashes in order to get them to settle before they have learned the full extent of their injuries. As soon as they find out about the accident, the insurance company will begin to investigate your claim. They may try to contact you and ask you to sign papers while you are still in the hospital, or unable to return to your job.
Be sure to speak to a skilled car insurance lawyer before you sign any papers. Your team of car accident lawyers should be the only one to communicate with the insurance company. If an insurance adjuster contacts you, remember that person is on the job, not engaging in friendly banter. You must tell the insurance adjuster to speak to your attorney, not to you, in order to protect your claim.
Important Tip: Do Not Delay in Filing Your Car Accident Claim
Each case must follow the statute of limitations — the countdown clock ticking to the legal buzzer when a claim will no longer be admitted by the courts. Our proven car accident law firm would like the chance to help you before:
- Evidence disappears;
- Witnesses forget what they saw or move away;
- The time limit for filing your claim expires and you are barred from recovering any money for your injuries and losses.
Need a “No Injury” Car Accident Lawyer?
If you have escaped injury after being in a car accident, the chances are that you have sustained other damages. Or maybe you are concerned about whether your insurance rates will go up as a result of the car accident. You should contact an experienced Isaacs & Isaacs car accident attorney without delay to protect your interests. We do not believe you should have to pay for your injuries. Whoever is responsible should have to pay. We will represent you on a contingency fee basis: you don’t pay us anything unless and until we win your case.
Call 800-800-8888 now for a free case evaluation. We are here for you day or night.
Common Car Accident FAQ’s
Knowing what to do after a car accident is essential. The most important steps you’ll want to take include:
- Stay at the scene
- Call 911 for help
- Call the police if there’s property damage but nobody is injured
- Get information from the other driver(s)
- Get names and contact info from any witnesses
- Take pictures and video (if you can, or have someone else do it)
- Speak to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible
- Print and keep a copy of our car accident checklist in the glove box of your vehicle.
For more on what steps to take after a car accident, be sure to listen to The Hammer’s podcast episose on that topic.
A licensed attorney will be able to easily retrieve and review your car accident police report.
Additional options to obtain your police report after a car accident:
- Contact the law enforcement office who wrote the report – The officers making the report will often give you a receipt or a business card that include the case or report number that you will submit to get your report. This is nearly always a paid service.
- Contact your insurance company – Sometimes the claims department will order a copy of the police report, and will provide a copy to injured parties, often for free.
- Third party online police report companies will often provide your police report for a fee.
To learn more about obtaining your police report and how it will be used to fight for your claim, check out The Hammer’s police report podcast episode.
Determining fault in a car accident is different for every state. Some are considered no fault states, while others are considered at fault states. In both circumstances, this refers to the insurance coverage known as Personal Injury Protection (PIP). Whether or not this is in play will determine what money damages and other elements can be recovered after a car accident for medical bill payments, often referred to as PIP benefits or No Fault benefits.
- Kentucky – No Fault state
- Indiana – At Fault State
- Ohio – At Fault State
Determining liability for an accident typically comes down to proving negligence of a driver or a company.
In many states, even if you were partially at fault in an accident where you are injured, you may still have the ability to collect a percentage of money damages.
Be sure to listen to our podcast episode: Who is At Fault in a Car Accident?
As required by law, you must report a car accident to the DMV or authorities in these states by the listed deadline:
- Kentucky – 10 days after accident
- Indiana – Immediately
- Ohio – 6 months
If you are seeking to file a car insurance claim or begin a lawsuit to recover compensation for your damages and losses, you’ll need to pay attention to the deadlines, known as the statute of limitations in each state. For these states below, note the general deadlines for filing a car insurance injury claim:
- Kentucky – 1 year after accident
- Indiana – 2 years after accident
- Ohio – 2 years after accident
Note: Each case type may alter the actual deadlines for filing a claim. Your strongest move forward will be to contact a car accident lawyer soon after the accident occurs so you do not miss the deadline for lawsuit.
No matter where the accident occurred, the steps are often similar:
- Get a police report
- Seek medical attention and follow doctor instructions
- Notify your insurance about the accident
- Speak with a car accident lawyer before the deadlines pass
FREE CONSULTATION & CASE EVALUATION
Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 800-800-8888 Now!
Have “The Hammer”
On Your Side
More than 28 years of personal Injury law experience.
Former prosecutors who know how the "other side" operates.
Get 100% Personalized, one-on-one attention for your case.
Hammer Tough negotiators and proven trial lawyers.
Accessibility and availability – clients can always reach our attorneys.
1601 Business Center Ct
Mon — Sun - Open 24 Hours
333 W. Vine St.
Mon — Sun - Open 24 Hours
201 N Illinois St #1617
Mon — Sun - Open 24 Hours